Our volunteers enhance all of the care we provide at Honor Hospice and serve in a multitude of positions based on comfort level and experience. All volunteers receive a full training on the hospice philosophy and volunteer position responsibilities. As a volunteer, you are able to work around your schedule to assist when you are available. Our volunteers find making a difference in a critical part of the lives of those we serve to be incredibly rewarding, and we are eternally grateful for their dedication.
DUTIES OF POSITION
Provide Patient companionship and/or office support services.
Perform Volunteer services under the direction of the Volunteer Coordinator. Services may include, but are not limited to:
• Providing companionship to patients/families;
• Providing emotional support to patients/families;
• Performing household chores for patients/families;
• Attending IDG meetings;
• Reporting on patient/family status; and
• Assisting office staff with office duties.
If providing patient services, submits Volunteer Visit Notes, which follow the Volunteer Plan of Care, per agency policy.
Submit time sheets per company policy.
Maintain confidentiality per agency policy.
Maintain open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Participates in QAPI activities.
Participates in IDG meetings, as able.
The ability to access patients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing.
Utilization of calculator, multi-line telephone, copy machine, other office equipment.
Has access to patient medical records if appropriate.
1. Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy.
2. Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people’s differences.
3. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order, if making patient visits.
4. The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.